Vote For Us
Thanks to XDA-Developers forum member –viperboy-, however, rooting the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime is easier than ever–and all in just one click.
Based on the NachoRoot tool, developed by jcase and TeamAndIRC, the viperMOD Primer allows users to root and unroot their Transformer Prime devices with just one click. It’s only available for Windows at the moment, but according to the developer, a Linux version should be around the corner. The viperMOD Primer is the new best friend of anyone who’d like to root her/his Transformer Prime device without the hassle of dealing with commands.
Windows users, however, can start rooting their Transformer Prime devices right now. The tool is rather straightforward and easy to use, so that even the most rookie of Android enthusiasts can use it. Within minutes, you’ll have your Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime rooted and ready for ROMs, mods, and tweaks. The root tool has been tested over 30 times by -viperboy- and is in perfect working condition.
To start rooting your Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, follow the steps below:
- Download viperMOD Primer to your computer. Get the ZIP file here.
- Extract the ZIP file’s contents.
- Install the drivers included in the ZIP file.
- Connect your Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime to your computer.
- Once the drivers are installed, run “viperMOD Primer Tool.exe”.
- A screen will be launched.
- You will see the values for root (1), unroot (2) and exit (3).
- Select the option of your choice.
Currently, it isn’t known if viperMOD Primer works with ICS, as it isn’t out yet, but there’s no telling what’s in the root tool’s stars. For Linux users, keep your eyes peeled for the coming Linux release of the viperMOD Primer.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully rooted your Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime.